When it comes to armored vehicle – armored Chevrolet suburban SUV by Aurum Security with protection level VPAM 7 is for sure one of the ideal variants for governments and security professionals worldwide. This certified armored vehicle - combines a large and comfortable interior together with performance, town and off-road capabilities. This armored car - built on truck-based platform, Chevrolet Suburban vehicle has a powerful engine with active fuel management technology and provides comfortable seating of 7-9 persons.
Thus using modern CAD/CAM applications, we had the possibility to create premium design incorporated in armored parts, which allows saving the weight at the same time providing strong protection of the occupant. Furthermore, we put only bullet-proof glass which was certified at full temperature range from -49°C till +49°C and not like it is common in the industry. Our experts can increase protection level of the Armored Chevrolet suburban сar from VPAM 7 up to VPAM 11. You can be sure that with such certified car protection you will be secure.
Opaque areas including the roof provide protection according to VPAM APR 2006, level 7 / CEN 1522 FB6 and FB5 — all wide-spread soft core bullets 5.56 (including SS109), 7.62 and 9 mm, from any angle (not only 45° or 90° as per BRV 1999)
All transparent areas have thickness 58 mm and provide protection according to VPAM APR 2006, level 8 / STANAG 4569, protection level 2 — multiple shots of all soft-core bullets 5.56, 7.62 and 9 mm and also armor-piercing bullets 7.62×39 (Kalashnikov BZ), from any angle (including 90°)
- 15 kg TNT at 2 m distance from the side of the vehicle, elevation 1 m
- 3 × DM51 grenades under the floor
- 3 × DM51 grenades on the roof
- DM31 (anti-personnel mine) under the floor
- Hinges milled from a single piece of steel
- Single plate armoring of the doors
- Reinforced door frames
- The A/C system remain fully functional
To maintain driving dynamics and maneuverability of the vehicle we replace the OEM suspension with the one specifically designed to cope with the increased weight of the vehicle:
- 2 x Front Springs
- 2 x Front Mono-tube Damper Assemblies with Remote Reservoir
- 2 x Rear Spring
- 2 x Rear Mono-tube Damper Assemblies with Direct Mount, Stone Strike Protected, Reservoirs
- Front & Rear Anti-Roll Bar Assemblies
- 2 x Front 6-Piston Forged Monobloc Caliper
- 2 x sets of High temperature Ceramic pads
- 4 x Heavy weight front and rear grooved discs
- 4 x Stainless steel hoses
- 2 x Rear 4-Piston Caliper
Heavy duty wheels "18" with run-flat inserts, loading capacity 1.600 kg per wheel, certified by German TÜV. Our run-flat system fully meets the requirements of FINABEL 2.0. It allows driving after puncture or blow up of the tires for the distance up to 50 km with a speed up to 80 Km/h.