APC 79 is built on the chassis of Toyota Land Cruiser 79 and provides fast and secure transportation of up to 10 persons.
The armor design was developed by Aurum Security GmbH, GERMANY, utilizing extensive experience of the company in development of fully protected armored military and civilian vehicles. The choice of Toyota as a base vehicle guarantees
availability of the spare parts and service in any part of the world.
Modular armor allows selection of appropriate ballistic protection level from B6 (VPAM 7) up to STANAG 3 (VPAM 10); This level includes all soft-core and armor-piercing bullets 5.45/ 5.56, 7.62 and 9 mm.
The APC 79 also has very high level of anti-blast protection – side blast up to 120 kg TNT and optionally an anti-tank mine under the wheel as per the standard Stanag 2a.
- Opaque areas including the roof provide protection according to VPAM APR 2006, level 10 / Stanag 3–. That includes all soft core bullets 5.56, 7.62, 9 and 12.7 mm and all wide-spread hard-core and armor-piercing bullets: 7.62×39 (BZ) Kalashnikov API, 7.62×51 (P80) AP, and 7.62×54 (B32) Dragunov API, from any angle (not only 45° or 90° as per BRV 1999)
- All transparent areas have thickness 80 mm and provide protection according to VPAM APR 2006, level 10 / Stanag 3–. That includes multiple shots of all soft core bullets 5.56, 7.62 and 9 mm and all wide-spread hard-core and armor-piercing bullets: 7.62×39 (Kalashnikov BZ), 7.62×51 (P80) AP, and 7.62×54 (B32) Dragunov API, from any angle (including 90°)
15 kg TNT at 2 m distance from the side of the vehicle, elevation 1 m
3 × DM51 grenades under the floor
3 × DM51 grenades on the roof
DM31 (anti-personnel mine) under the floor
Anti-tank mine (6 kg TNT) under the wheel (Stanag 2a) [optionally]
- Opaque areas including the roof provide protection according to VPAM APR 2006, level 7 / CEN 1522 FB6 and FB5 — all wide-spread soft core bullets 5.56 (including SS109), 7.62 and 9 mm, from any angle (not only 45° or 90° as per BRV 1999)
- All transparent areas have thickness 58 mm and provide protection according to VPAM APR 2006, level 8 / STANAG 4569, protection level 2 — multiple shots of all soft-core bullets 5.56, 7.62 and 9 mm and also armor-piercing bullets 7.62×39 (Kalashnikov BZ), from any angle (including 90°)
- 15 kg TNT at 2 m distance from the side of the vehicle, elevation 1 m
- 3 x DM51 grenades under the floor
- 3 x DM51 grenades on the roof
- DM31 (anti-personnel mine) under the floor
- Anti-tank mine (6 kg TNT) under the wheel (Stanag 2a) [optionally]
- Hinges milled from a single piece of steel
- Single plate armoring of the doors
- Reinforced door frames
- Single piece hot-formed firewall
- The A/C system remains fully functional
To maintain driving dynamics and maneuverability of the vehicle we replace the OEM suspension with the one specifically designed to cope with the increased weight of the vehicle:
- 2 x Front Springs
- 2 x Front Mono-tube Damper Assemblies with Remote Reservoir
- 2 x Rear Spring
- 2 x Rear Mono-tube Damper Assemblies with Direct Mount, Stone Strike Protected, Reservoirs
- Front Rear Anti-Roll Bar Assemblies
- 2 x Front 6-Piston Forged Monobloc Caliper
- 2 x sets of High temperature Ceramic pads
- 4 x Heavy weight front and rear grooved discs
- 4 x Stainless steel hoses
- 2 x Rear 4-Piston Caliper
Heavy duty wheels "18" with run-flat inserts, loading capacity 1.600 kg per wheel, certified by German TÜV. Our run-flat system fully meets the requirements of FINABEL 2.0. It allows driving after puncture or blow up of the tires for the distance up to 50 km with a speed up to 80 Km/h.
Military armored vehicles
The military has special demands on its vehicles. Our military armored vehicles are designed to meet these demands and ensure the safety of the passengers. We take great pride in the fact that the entire design of these armored transport vehicles was developed by our engineers and that we were able to perfect every aspect over the years.
MRAP – Mine resistant ambush protected vehicles
To ensure that the security vehicles for military purpose can be used in war and combat zones we offer modern technology and protection to the highest standard. The mine resistant vehicles are built to carry up to 10 people. They are bullet proof and offer blast protection for a side blast of up to 120 kg TNT. For detailed information on the ballistic and blast protection we offer a chart with all data. Please do contact us for any further questions.
Mine resistant vehicle for private and military use
The security vehicles are designed for military and private or corporate use. During the design process we did not only focus on the security features but also on the appearance. Although these vehicles are based on a regular SUV, they offer protection on the level of a full-blown combat-ready military car.