A B6 / VR 7 vehicle would be penetrated by any armor piercing bullet; our certified VR 10 vehicle will protect you from all soft core bullets and most of the armor piercing (AP) and armor piercing incendiary (API) bullets, including such a dangerous weapon as armor piercing bullets of Dragunov rifle.
This protection level is normally possible only for military vehicles, yet our vehicles retain comfort and inconspicuous look of civil SUVs. Please refer to the ballistic and blast protection charts for more details.
Attention! Beware of fakes - if you are not sure if the vehicle being offered to you by a third party has been produced by Aurum Security please send us the VIN code of the vehicle and we will double check that for you.
- Opaque areas including the roof provide protection according to VPAM APR 2006, level 10 / Stanag 3–. That includes all soft core bullets 5.56, 7.62 and 9 mm and all wide-spread hard-core and armor-piercing bullets: 7.62×39 (BZ) Kalashnikov API, 7.62×51 (P80) AP, and 7.62×54 (B32) Dragunov API, from any angle (not only 45° or 90° as per BRV 1999)
- All transparent areas have thickness 80 mm and provide protection according to VPAM APR 2006, level 10 / Stanag 3–. That includes multiple shots of all soft core bullets 5.56, 7.62 and 9 mm and all wide-spread hard-core and armor-piercing bullets: 7.62×39 (Kalashnikov BZ), 7.62×51 (P80) AP, and 7.62×54 (B32) Dragunov API, from any angle (including 90°)
15 kg TNT at 2 m distance from the side of the vehicle, elevation 1 m
3 × DM51 grenades under the floor
3 × DM51 grenades on the roof
DM31 (anti-personnel mine) under the floor
Anti-tank mine (6 kg TNT) under the wheel (Stanag 2a) [optionally]
- 2×DM51 grenades detonated under the floor
- 2×DM51 grenades detonated on the roof
- Opaque areas VPAM 7 (B6+)Opaque areas including the roof provide protection according to VPAM APR 2006, level 7. That includes most of the soft core bullets 5.56, 7.62 and 9 mm, from any angle (not only 45° or 90° as per BRV 1999)
- Transparent areas VPAM 9 (B7, bullet-proof glass 65 mm)All transparent areas have thickness 65 mm and provide protection according to VPAM APR 2006, level 9. That includes multiple shots of all soft core bullets 5.56, 7.62 and 9 mm and the armor-piercing bullets of Kalashnikov 7.62×39 (BZ) and 7.62x51 (P80), from any angle (including 90°).
- Hinges milled from a single piece of steel
- Single plate armoring of the doors
- Reinforced door frames
- Single piece hot-formed firewall
- The A/C system remains fully functional
To maintain driving dynamics and maneuverability of the vehicle we replace the OEM suspension with the one specifically designed to cope with the increased weight of the vehicle:
- 2 x Front Springs
- 2 x Front Mono-tube Damper Assemblies with Remote Reservoir
- 2 x Rear Spring
- 2 x Rear Mono-tube Damper Assemblies with Direct Mount, Stone Strike Protected, Reservoirs
- Front & Rear Anti-Roll Bar Assemblies
- 2 x Front 6-Piston Forged Monobloc Caliper
- 2 x sets of High temperature Ceramic pads
- 4 x Heavy weight front and rear grooved discs
- 4 x Stainless steel hoses
- 2 x Rear 4-Piston Caliper
Heavy duty wheels "18" with run-flat inserts, loading capacity 1.600 kg per wheel, certified by German TÜV. Our run-flat system fully meets the requirements of FINABEL 2.0. It allows driving after puncture or blow up of the tires for the distance up to 50 km with a speed up to 80 Km/h.